Friday, September 12, 2008

Post from South Africa

Well I am on my way home now. I have been in South Africa for nearly a week, most of that time near Cape Town. I will get back home on the weekend, after spending nearly 17 weeks travelling the world. In that time I have flown around the world twice, done around 30 individual flights and covered nearly 65,000 air miles. I have stayed in around 50 different hotels. I have been to 12 different countries and driven vehicles in 8 of them. In the 10 weeks of my own study I have conducted more than 25 pre arranged interviews, with at least that many more informal meetings. I have also completely missed out on a southern hemisphere winter. The knowledge I have gained on my travels, I believe, will take a long time for me to digest properly and put to use in our business. I would like to say a great big thank you to Nuffield and Nufarm for organizing and funding my scholarship. I would also like to thank all the people I have interviewed and met with, I have been blown away with how generous people have been with their time. Thanks also to the many people who have provided me with contacts to enable me to conduct my study, in some cases they even provided me with a bed as well as answering any questions I had. This experience has been life changing for me and, I believe, will influence just about everything I do in the future.

No comments: