Sunday, November 25, 2007

This week: 23rd. November

Weather Report Week Ending 23/11/07
Maximum Temperature for the week 38.4C (101F) on Mon. 5 readings above our monthly average of 24.6C.
Minimum Temperature for the week 8.4C (47F) on Thur. 5 readings above our monthly average of 10.7C.
Rainfall for the Week 8.2mm (24 points) 1 day of rain.
Weather data thanks to BOM & Nuriootpa Viticulture Research Centre.
Another quite warm week again this week. We had one wet day (Wed.) with just over 8mm of rain measured. The vines dried off very quickly after the rain, so I am not expecting any problems with mildew as a result. This rain has only been enough to freshen the vines up a bit. The good news is we wont have to irrigate for a while.
This week in the vineyard:
We have had some petioles analyzed in the last few weeks, this week we got the results back. We have no major issues with nutrition showing up.
Because of the rain this last week, I have now started putting our next fungicide spray on the vines. I am hoping that we will only need to put out one more spray this season, after this one. I am sorry I have not got a photo this week, but I have been very busy spraying any chance I can get.

No comments: