Saturday, July 29, 2006

An introduction


G’day in this blog I would like to introduce myself and tell you a bit about what I do. I am a 4th generation grape grower here in the Barossa Valley South Australia. I manage our family’s vineyards on the floor of the valley near Tanunda. In this blog I would like to keep you up to date with how our grapes are ripening and give you a description of what we are doing and perhaps a little of why. I am not writing this as a wine maker but as grapegrower. While we do make a small amount of wine ourselves, my involvement finishes once the grapes leave our vineyard. I will tell you more of our wine in future blog’s. I would also like to give you a rundown of the weather we have been experiencing and how it is impacting our fruit, so if you are not in the local area you can get some feel for what is happening out in the vineyard, and ultimately what you will be tasting in your glass. I will try to include as many Photos as I can to help you understand what I am talking about.

No comments: